Health Benefits of Raw Honey and Garlic
Raw Honey has been recommended as a natural cure since ancient times. Honey has both nutritional and medicinal properties which makes it a natural remedy. The antioxidants, enzymes and the variety of minerals ( magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, iron, zinc, potassium, vitamin B6, niacin, thiamine and vitamins) that honey contains boost your energy and your immune system. Raw Honey can reduce allergies, to soothe coughs and sore throats, and fight infections.
Garlic has been used to heal diseases and minor ailments, and is an ingredient in much of the food we eat. The Roman Empire used garlic for gastrointestinal disorders and joint diseases. The Chinese have been using it for digestion and respiratory disorders. Garlic contains high amounts of manganese, calcium, phosphorus, selenium, vitamin B6 and vitamin C. It can be used to decrease blood pressure, to improve cardiovascular health, to lower total cholesterol, and to metabolize iron. The ingredient responsible for the garlic’s medicinal properties is allicin, which has antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral properties. This compound is preserved in garlic only when it is raw.
When you combine Christmas Berry honey and garlic, the intensity of the garlic flavor is pleasant and easier to be eaten in high quantities. The two ingredients can successfully maintain your immune system operating at its best. When the bees collect the Christmas Berry nectar, the plant oils are also collected which allows garlic and other herbs to be easily infused into the raw honey.
The effect on our bodies when we consume a mixture of raw honey and garlic are believed to have the following benefits:
- Nourishes Your Skin – Your dull skin will turn into a soft and nourished one once you start incorporating garlic with honey in your daily routine. This mixture rejuvenates your skin and gives you an everlasting glow.
- Cures a Common Cold and Allergies– The anti-bacterial properties of this mixture cure common cold and allergies in a few days.
- Strengthens Immunity– The mixture of garlic and honey helps boost your immunity.
- Manages your cholesterol levels
- Helps reduce the chances of heart attack
How to Make Raw Honey and Garlic Mixture?
- 12-13 cloves of fresh garlic – Don’t use the garlic that’s already peeled. This is to insure the quality of the garlic.
- One cup of honey (approximately 335grams) – Raw honey has more health benefits as it contains more nutrients than filtered honey. Look for clean, local honey free from pesticides. (Commercial honey found at the grocery store is often refined, heated, and filtered to remove remaining traces of pollen. Unfortunately, this process damages the enzymes and reduces the honey of beneficial vitamins or minerals.
- A small jar with a tight-fitting lid. – Clean and sterilize the jar and the lid.
- Take the 12-13 cloves. – Peel the fresh garlic. You can crush the garlic cloves or not. With crushed garlic cloves (Smash with a flat side of a knife, NOT minced), the honey will infuse the garlic more quickly. The whole garlic cloves remain a firm consistency after staying in the honey for several weeks. Trim the garlic ends, as needed.
- Put the cloves in the jar. – Use a jar with an appropriate size for the amount of honey and garlic you are processing. You’ll need the honey to completely cover the garlic while leaving a little headroom in the jar. Slowly pour the cup of honey in the jar. Make sure you leave space at the top of the jar.
- If you’re concerned about bacteria in the infusion, remember that honey is a natural preservative and it is antimicrobial. Just make sure you use clean and sterilized jars. Check and ensure that the cloves are fully submerged in the honey. Cover the mixture with the lid and leave it for a few days at room temperature. The garlic will absorb some of the sweetness and nutrients from the honey. And the honey will absorb some of the beneficial properties of the garlic. After a few days, open the lid and eat it every day. You will witness great results on your body!
- Store in refrigerator. – You can use the honey and garlic mixture after a few days, but the flavor mellows after a week or two. The cloves will last in the honey for months. Some of you will want to replace the cloves because you will eat them.
Its believed that the two ingredients together, the raw honey and the garlic, become a powerful booster for your immune system to fight off colds, allergies, and flu. If taken regularly in moderate amounts, this mixture is helpful in strengthening immunity and improving the overall health condition.